Whale watching cruises
Zodiac-style boats - Croisières Essipit
You’ll depart from Bergeronnes for an up-close look at the whales that have been long-time denizens of the St. Lawrence River. Traveling by ZodiacTM boat lets you reach the deepest parts of the river where whales find plentiful food sources. It’s no surprise that they like Essipit best!
You can watch minke whales and the more impressive finback whale, the second largest whale species in the world, measuring nearly 20 meters long and weighing 40 to 60 tons. In August, you may spot the blue whale (measuring about 28 meters long and weighing 100 to 120 tons).
And there’s more to an Essipit cruise: you’ll also meet the Innu people, eager to share their aboriginal history, traditions, and current lifestyles.
A singular experience!
- Departing from the Bergeronnes wharf in the heart of the whales’ habitat
- 24 km east of Tadoussac, in the St. Lawrence Estuary
- Numerous departures daily
- Opportunities to learn about Innu customs and traditions
- Extremely safe boats
- Crews you can trust
- Seasoned guides, eager to share their knowledge
- All this plus the vast, stunning beauty of the St. Lawrence River
During your 2 hour cruise, you’ll travel just above the water, so be sure to bring warm clothing regardless of the temperature. Reservations are recommended, and you should arrive at the wharf at least 45 minutes prior to departure time.
It’s a trip that you’ll remember forever!
Top of the page
WE PROVIDE :
- Isothermal jackets
- Waterproof pants
- Gloves and caps
- Approved lifejackets
YOU NEED TO BRING :
- Clothing that’s comfortable and very warm
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes
TO RESERVE OR CALL UP:
46, rue de la Réserve (Essipit), at Informations and reservation Center
Les Escoumins, Québec, Canada, G0T 1K0
Phone : 1-418-233-2266 ou 1-888-868-6666
Fax : 1-418-233-3960
Top of the page
DIRECTLY TO THE MARINA
Departure from Bergeronnes
- 498, rue de la mer, Bergeronnes, Québec, Canada, G0T 1G0
Phone : 1-888-868-6666
- Contact Les Bergeronnes
* Zodiac boat cruises are not recommended for pregnant women, people with heart conditions, or people with back problems.
Aerial view of Community Inue Essipit
All Rights Reserved - Copyright ESSIPIT 2013.
GPS Coordinates :
Information and reservation center :
Latitude : DMS* : 48° 20’ 31.903’' N
DD** : 48.34219 N
Longitude : DMS* : 69° 23’ 46.101’’ W
DD** : -69.39613 W
Departure from Bergeronnes :
Latitude : DMS* : 48° 13’ 43.571’' N
DD** : 48.22876 N
Longitude : DMS* : 69° 33' 11.243’’ W
DD** : -69.55312 W
* Degrees, minutes, seconds
** Degrees decimal